Friday, August 24, 2012

I'll Try This One more Time

Last night I had one of those “Oh Rats” moments. I was almost finished typing a new post when I noticed that I had several windows open. (Laptop screen – Not house) I started closing windows and, sure enough, I closed the one with the new post. “OH RATS” Actually. “rats” was not the word I used. Feel free to substitute your favorite expletive. The post was about my first visit with my new primary care physician. My prior physician has become the medical director of a large prestigious hospital in our area. I had a very good first impression of my new guy. He proved to be very knowledgeable about diabetes and all the extra “stuff” that comes with it. Also, he, like my previous doc, listens. They both realize that a PWD has more insight as to what is going on with their body and what works in controlling their disease than anyone else. I did manage to score an Accu-Chet Nano meter. It will be a welcome addition to my management routine. I’ve been using a Compact Plus (See my post of 8/18) and have been very pleased but that sucker is kind of large to carry around. Now I have one that is extremely small and light weight and can load data into the same software program. Yesterday I also had my first visit with a podiatrist, I’ve been diagnosed for over 15 years so it’s about time. The visit was prompted by a small black spot that appeared on my right big toe. It was just a hematoma that was quickly and painlessly removed by the quick flip of a scalpel. I do realize that professional foot-care is something I need to add to my regimen of care.

No comments:

Post a Comment