Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Catching Up - Sorta

My last post, way back on 8/24, was concerned with my 1st visit with my new physician and my 1st visit ever to a podiatrist. The next week I had a regular appointment with my opthamologist and found out I still have no indications of retinopathy. The next day I received my lab reports in the mail and evertthing was normal (A condition with which I am not usually associated.) The biggie was that my HA1C was 6.2, the lowest that it has been since Lord knows when. (Picture a 69 yearold big guy doing a happy dance - O.K. don't, it's not the greatest image.) The next day, while attending one of those kindergarten grandparent-day thingies, I happened to run into (not very hard) a fellow T2 whom I haven't seen in a while.

Him: How's it going with your diabetes?

Me: Great, and you?

Him: Mine is still a real problem.

Me: How are your blood glucose levels running?

Him: Oh, I don't mess with that.

Me: (After recovering from a swoon) Are you eating right?

Him: I'm not real careful about that.

His wife: He ate a big bowl of rocky road ice cream last night.

Me: Well what are you doing?

Him: I just try to get my doctor to keep increasing my medications.

Me: Do you tellhim about all this "stuff" you don't do?

Him: Nah, he'd just fuss at me.

Me: (Bear in mind I'm an ordained minister) Will you let me preside at your funeral? I won't charge a dime.

Him: (Looking astonished) Ah, this stuff isn't that serious.

Me: You're forgetting the eleventh commandment.

Him: What's that?

Me: What goeth around Cometh around.

No comments:

Post a Comment