Thursday, June 7, 2012

Caramba!

Sadly, it seems that I may have to somehow find a way to curtail my love for Mexican food. I had dinner last night at my favorite restaurant Los Rancheros with my 89 year old Dad. The food, as always, was excellent. My BG this morning sucked, (149) not life threatening but certainly above the 90 to 105 that my fasting BG usually is.

I suppose that I will need to have somebody "hog tie" me so I can't reach the basket o' chips that they furnish and put some effort into figuring out the carbs in their dishes and only order those that are the least lethal.

Sometimes I amaze myself that, when confronted by a menu full of things I like, I can somehow justify ordering something that I know deep down in my heart I shouldn't. And this, after 15 years of knowing that I'm diabetic and being cognizant of how to best take care of myself. This may be a factor in why I've "graduated" from just taking oral medication to 25 units of Lantus @ night plus Januvia every morning plus Glimepiride 2 times a day.

I used to have a framed slogan that hung in my office that read:

I'm not totally useless
I can always be used
as a bad example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment